Online Corporate Secretary
Looking for Corporate Secretarial Services in Singapore?
At HeySara, we can act as your Company Secretary. From filing reports to reminding deadlines, we will make sure that your documents are all filed and in place. Never will you miss a deadline ever again.
With the new HeySara app, every secretarial request can be done online in just a few clicks. No longer do you need to waste time commuting to sign resolutions or call and wait for weeks to get something done. Hassle-free, affordable and time-saving. Learn more about the HeySara mobile app here.
|Add – Ons||Additional Cost|
|Annual Return Filing Services||+ $200 per FY|
|Non-Share Related Changes||+ $50 per change|
|Share Related Changes||+ $100 ~ $200 per change|
|CorpPass + CPF Registration||+ $100 (One Time Fee)|
Appoint HeySara as your Corporate Secretary in 5 Minutes!
Appointing HeySara to be your Corporate Secretary is easy and straightforward!
Simply fill in an online form and our team of experienced secretaries will handle the rest.
Other Services You May Need
Get a Free Consultation Now
Is it compulsory to have a company Secretary?
Yes, under the Singapore’s Companies Act, Cap. 50, it is a requirement to have at least a local resident Company Secretary. The position of a company secretary should not be left vacant for more than 6 months.
Who can be a company secretary in Singapore?
A company secretary is a person appointed to ensure the company maintains compliance with the many statutory requirements – such as maintaining and filing statutory records and returns. Any natural person who is ordinarily resident in Singapore and who has the requisite knowledge to perform the duties can be a company secretary.
What does a company secretary do?
The company secretary is required to ensure that the company is in compliance with the Companies Acts requirements. These include:
- Change of directors, company secretary, auditors and transfer of shares between shareholders, etc.
- Preparation and submission of the Annual ReturnsPreparing and filing of documents (directors’ resolution, minutes of the general meeting ) and update of changes to ACRA
- Maintaining the register of directors, company secretary, auditors, shareholders and charges
- Issuing share certificates, recording transfers of shares and allotment of shares
- Maintaining the register of members and debenture holders
Can a director be a company secretary in Singapore?
A director can also hold the position of company secretary only if he is qualified to do so.
What kinds of services are included in our annual corporate secretarial services fee?
Providing one qualified person as Secretary of your company as required by Section 171(1A) of the Companies Act.
Attending to routine secretarial matters of the company such as first board meeting, annual general meeting, custody of common seal, etc.
Safekeeping, updating, and maintaining registers, notices, minutes book, and other statutory records.
Preparing and lodging all prescribed forms and requisite documents with the ACRA
Reminding you of the various statutory compliance dates with ACRA.
Can my secretary help me to open a Corporate Bank Account?
Of course, your Company Secretary will be happy to assist our client to open a corporate bank account and prepare the required documentations for the purpose of opening a bank account at a cost. However, for non-Singapore incorporated company, the account opening will be more difficult compared with a Singapore incorporated company.
Can my secretary provide Nominee Director Services?
Yes, your company secretary has a panel of person who can act as your local resident director at a fee to be agreed upon. We will require the appointor to provide a disclosure on the person who has requested the appointment. Should you require this service, we also provide flexible nominee director services.
Can my secretary provide Nominee Shareholder Services?
Yes, your company secretary has a panel of person who can act as your local nominee shareholder at a fee to be agreed upon. We will require the appointor to provide a disclosure on the registrable controller who has requested the appointment.
Can my secretary provide Registered Address Services?
Yes, your company secretary has the ability to provide a registered address at a fee to be agreed upon. Our address is at a prestigious area within the central business district.
How do I terminate the services of our Secretary?
All you need to do is to inform your company secretary via email or by a letter. Thereafter, the Board of Director should pass a resolution for the appointment of a new secretary and the removal of the secretary.
What are the typical qualifications of the Company Professional Secretary?
The minimum requirement is that a company secretary should be based in Singapore and is a local resident. A resident company secretary can be either a Singapore citizen or permanent resident.
This person should be at least 18 years old and, in the case of public companies, must possess one of the necessary qualifications.
There is no specific qualification for a company secretary to be appointed for private limited company. However, under the Singapore’s Companies Act, Cap. 50, the person appointed should have the pre-requisite knowledge to act as a company secretary.
Other qualifications that are accepted are as follows:
- a qualified person under the Legal Profession Act (Cap. 161).
- a public accountant.
- a member of the Institute of Singapore Chartered Accountants (formerly known as the Institute of Certified Public Accountants of Singapore).
- a member of the Chartered Secretaries Institute of Singapore.
- a member of the Association of International Accountants (Singapore Branch); or
- a member of The Institute of Company Accountants, Singapore.
What kind of secretarial services will be chargeable?
Non routine secretarial matters will be chargeable on a request basis. Examples include:
- New issuance of shares
- Transfer of shares
- Change of constitution
- Change of directors
- Opening of additional bank accounts
- Change of company name
- Preparation of notices, minutes and other documents pertaining to directors’ and shareholders’ meetings (Extraordinary General Meeting)
- Attending official meetings
Can an Employment Pass (EP) Holder be a director of the company in Singapore?
Yes, an EP holder can be a resident director of a company. However, if he or she is acting as a director for a subsidiary, letter of consent from ministry of Manpower is required to be obtained beforehand. HeySara provides employment pass application services for those intending to move to Singapore and start a business.
I am not satisfied with my existing Secretary, how can I switch?
You can easily to change the secretary by sending the resignation letter to the current secretary and CC us from the email. After that, we will follow up with your email and handover your documents within a week. The process is generally as follows:
- Let us know when you wish to switch to Corporate Service Singapore. We will work with you to understand your needs and provide a quotation for our services accordingly.
- If you decide to proceed further, you will need to terminate your services with the existing service provider.
- Upon termination of services with the existing service provider, you will need to inform them to transfer all the statutory records of the company to Corporate Services Singapore.
- Once we have received the statutory records, we will do the necessary documents and filings with the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority (ACRA).
Can I nominate the same company to be my Secretary and Auditor at the same time?
There is no specific requirement that prevents a client from doing so. However, for good corporate governance and to avoid conflict of interest, such appointment may be with different firms.
Are there any hidden cost that I need to consider, when I engage the services of a Company Secretary?
Yes, you should take note because most company secretary may charge a minimum retainer fees and thereafter, various ad-hoc fees. At HeySara, we keep to an unlimited plan for most of the required resolutions so that you dont have to keep paying ad-hoc fees for these standard resolutions.
Our charges are competitive and this keeps you at ease when you switch to HeySara knowing that your fees are pretty much fixed for the year if you don’t have many resolutions to pass.