Annual Report (AR)
Annual Report (AR) is an annual filing after the Annual General Meeting (AGM) is held.
The filing of AR is the responsibility of the company secretary and accountant.
The AR includes:
- the preparation of financial statements
- an audit of the financial statements
- the holding of AGM
- the filing of estimated chargeable income
- the filing of annual return with ACRA
- the filing of annual tax return with IRAS
Filing an Annual Report
The annual report can be filed online to ACRA. It is usually accompanied with a XBRL file, depending on the classification of the company.
A solvent exempt private company (EPC) is not required to file its financial statement together with AR. However, if the EPC is insolvent, it is required to file a financial highlight version of XBRL.