Ministry of Manpower (MOM)
The Ministry of Manpower (MOM) forms a part of the Government of Singapore with a mission to provide better work opportunities and secure retirement for Singaporeans. It is accountable for the formulation and execution of labor policies.
MOM is in charge of providing manpower-related services and information like work passes, employment practices, workplace safety and health, and the labor market information.
Foreigners who wish to work and stay in Singapore need a valid visa. Issuing of Work Permits, S Pass, EP, PEP, and EntrePass are within the ambit of MOM. Also, a foreigner who intends to study or live in Singapore with their family members would either require a Student Pass, Long term Visit Pass (LTVP), or Dependant’s Pass (DP), issued by MOM, to do so.
MOM’s website: https://www.mom.gov.sg
Divisions under the Ministry of Manpower (MOM)
- Communications and Engagement Department
- Corporate Planning and Management Department
- Customer Responsiveness Department
- Foreign Manpower Management Division
- Human Resource Department
- Income Security Policy Division
- Information Systems and Technology Department
- Joint Operations Division
- Labour Relations and Workplaces Division
- Legal Services Department
- Manpower Planning and Policy Division
- Manpower Research and Statistics Department
- Occupational Safety and Health Division
- Work Pass Division
- Workplace Policy and Strategy Division