MOM or “Ministry of Manpower”

All foreigners who intends to work in Singapore must have a valid pass (commonly known as a work visa) before they start work. Also foreigner who intends to study or live in Singapore with their family members would require a student, or long term pass (where applicable) issued by MOM.

MOM is a statutory body in charge of work passes, employment practices, workplace safety and health, publication and statistics on labour market amongst others. Work Permits, S Pass and EP applications are within the ambit of MOM.