SingPass stands for Singapore Personal Access. It is a digital identity for all Singapore citizens and residents that allows them to access over 460 government agencies and businesses with 1,700+ digital services, online and in person. It’s a convenient and secure way to make any transaction involving sensitive data with different government agencies.
Who is eligible for a SingPass?
The following are eligible to apply for a SingPass:
- Singapore Citizen and Permanent Resident
- Employment Pass and Personalised Employment Pass holders
- EntrePass holders
- S-Pass holders
- Dependant Pass holders (of EP, PEP, EntrePass, and S-Pass holders)
- Long Term Visit Pass-Plus (LTVP+) holders
- Selected Long Term Visit Pass holders
- Work Permit holders
- Student Pass holders
- Immigration Exemption Order holders
SingPass For Foreigners
Anyone who doesn’t have a Singapore Government-issued ID can apply for a Singpass Foreign user Account (SFA) to perform transactions in Singapore. But these users can only access selected digital services provided by the SFA organization.
SingPass App is available for both iOS and Android phones which allows users to log in with their phones and fingerprint or 6-digit passcode.
Through the app one can:
- Securely access commonly-used government digital services like CPF, HDB, IRAS, and NS Portal.
- Prove one’s identity over counters in places like SingHealth polyclinics and Republic Plaza.
- Digitally sign documents.
- Receive timely notification from government agencies.
- Perform more everyday transactions.