Sponsored Employment Pass
A Sponsored Employment Pass (SEP) is issued if your employer is an overseas-registered company. This is much different from an Employment Pass (EP), which is given only when your employer is a Singapore-registered company.
- The candidate must go to Singapore’s Ministry of Manpower to apply for an Employment Pass (for Sponsorship situations).
- The application form can be downloaded.
- You have to read the instructions carefully before filling out the application form and double-check that all of the information is right (Incomplete application form will be rejected)
- The applicant must provide all of the required documents.
- Print out the application form and have everyone sign it.
- The applicant must pay the $105 application fee electronically after completing the application form.
- After receiving payment, the authorities begin processing the application.
- The applicant must upload the application form and other supporting papers.
- It takes around eight weeks to process an application after it is submitted. To check the status of an application, the applicant can go to the Ministry of Manpower website for confirmation.
- The application’s outcome will be mailed to the company.
NOTE: The applicant’s organization must have a CorpPass to submit the application form.
- An application form
- A Foreign Identification Number
- Receipt for fee payment
- Page 1 of the foreign employee’s travel document, including their personal information. Please provide the papers proving any changes to the particulars (e.g., name or expiration date).
- Certificate of education for a foreign employee.
- Certificate of business registration from an overseas employer, stating the company’s registered name and date of registration.
- (If the sponsoring company is a food outlet) The Singapore Food Agency issues a food store license (SFA)
- Letters of registration or support from the appropriate agencies