Dependant’s Pass (DP)
A Dependant’s Pass (DP) is a long-term visa for certain family members of Employment Pass (EP), S Pass, and EnterPass holders. The pass is valid for as long as the main pass holder’s pass is valid or up to the duration requested, whichever is shorter. The DP can be applied only by the main pass holder’s employer or an appointed employment agency. It can also be renewed as and when the main pass holder’s pass is renewed.
The eligibility criteria for EP holders and S Pass holders to apply for a DP is as below:
- Should be the legally married spouse or unmarried children under the age of 21 years, including legally adopted children.
- The pass holder must earn a fixed monthly income of $6000.
- The pass should be sponsored by the employer of the main pass holder.
The eligibility criteria for EntrePass holders are as below:
- Can apply for their legally married spouse or unmarried children under 21 years old, including legally adopted children
- The total annual business spending must be at least $100,000.
- The company must appoint at least 3 LQS¹ or 1 local PME².
- LQS (formerly known as FTE) refers to Singaporeans and Permanent Residents who earn a monthly salary of at least $1,400 and receive CPF contributions for at least 3 months.
- Local PMEs refer to professionals, managers, and executives who are Singaporeans or Permanent Residents, earn a monthly salary of at least $3,900 and receive CPF contributions for at least 3 months.
Can a Dependant’s Pass (DP) holder work in Singapore?
Yes, but they need an EP, S Pass, Work Permit, or EntrePass to work in Singapore. Once they get any of these passes, they need to cancel their DP. If a DP holder gets a Work Permit, the validity of the Work Permit would the same as that of the DP.